Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where do I begin...

I am what some would call young. I think of myself as the future.

I live my life on the left. I am an unwed mother. I am in an interracial relationship. I believe in gay marriage. I know, from deep within myself, that we should take care of people. There should not be poverty. People should not have to worry about sleeping in the cold, or if they will eat, or the countless other worries that too many have. We should not be wasting money on a war that is making a small group of people rich while the rest of us pay the price. I do not believe that religion should be taught in public schools. I think abortion should be a woman's choice. Racism is still alive. I think we should have a living wage, not a minimum wage. How can housing, childcare, food, gas, transportation, clothes, electricity, and other necessities become more expensive while my salary remains the same? How are we supposed to survive? There is not enough focus on us, the people. Why are the issues that affect the ordinary working class person/family each day on the back burner?

I do not think I should have to live my life the way someone else sees as appropriate. In fact, I refuse to live my life to someone else's guidelines. I think everyone should refuse. Live and let live. If what you are doing does not hurt me, why is it my concern? I don't have to understand, or agree with your way of living. It isn't my life.

Why are you so concerned? Why are you so afraid?

No comments: