Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Results Are In

Add to Technorati Favorites

For the Democrats, Super Tuesday was exactly what I expected - A race too close to call.

We are living historical moments. Democratic voters turned out in record numbers to place their votes for two candidates that some have thought would never make it this far. We have never before had a viable female candidate or a viable black candidate. The fact that so many people have rallied behind each of them is amazing.

There are many ideas and opinions being thrown around as to whether a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket is in the future and if it should be. Although I view them as an unbeatable pair, I try not to disillusion myself. Will Obama want Hillary, or vice versa, around to steal the spotlight? The purpose of your vice is for them to support you and to be in the background while you shine. Is either of them capable of taking a backseat?

While I don't believe I will see my "dream team" on the election day ballot, that won't stop me from fantasizing about what could be.

No comments: