Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday's First Official Win

The first official win of the day was in West Virginia by, in my opinion, the worst possible candidate for President, Mike Huckabee . Although I don't think he has a shot at getting the Republican nomination, I do believe that if McCain gets the nomination that Huckabee will be under great consideration to be his vice. SCARY!

I have done a lot of reading on Huckabee. Out of the Republican candidates I have recently spent the most time reading about him. This is because: 1) he was the candidate I knew the least about, and 2) right off the bat, I came across information about him that disturbed me.

As I have stated, I am very liberal, open-minded, live and let live, etc. I am supportive of same-sex couples having the same rights as heterosexual couples, I think abortion is a choice that a woman makes, not the government, and I do not think religion/creation should be taught in public schools.

He seems to be against everything I believe in. (War, the above issues, economy, healthcare) I was already feeling a strong distaste towards him when I ran across this article by Max Brantley. It touches on his record as the Governor of Arkansas. Apparently, Huckabee does not like to be called out or criticized, and has no problem trying to force journalists to step back and shut up. On top of that, he has acted shady with his spending and did what he could to loophole his way to spending campaign money on what he wished.

Yes yes, I know, this is one person's article and opinion, but the layering of all that I have read is what leads me to the conclusion that Mike Huckabee embodies not one quality or belief that will be necessary to clean up the mess that Bush has made.

No comments: